Labels

Jasper (38) Me (27) Blogames (24) Family (17) Faves (15) Poetry (14) Little Lady (13) Rants (13) Country Dreams (11) Projects (8) Photos (7) Pretty (7) Cheer (5) Music (5) Op Fishy (5) Puppy (5) The Plan (5) Books (4) Goals (4) Ideas (3) Movies (3) Pinterest (3) Silly People (3) 101 in 1001 (2) Food (2) Holy Similar (2) Thoughts (2)

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My First Onesie

I was bitten by the sewing bug! I've never used a sewing machine before this project. EVER! For some reason I was feeling very crafty and decided that I wanted to take up sewing. It would be a great way for me to get crafty and the final products would actually be useful. Always a plus! My first attempt into the world of sewing was a onesie for Jasper. I probably could have picked an easier first project but this was so much fun and knowing that I was making something useful for Jasper was kind of exciting in an extremely cheesy way.

I didn't have a pattern so I took one of the shorts onesies we purchased and winged it. The "shorts onesie" is just a regular onesie but with a tank top upper half and shorts for the bottom.

I am so proud of how this turned out! In the beginning I was wondering if I was going to ever actually put this on Jasper. Now I can say I can't wait until he's here so I can try it on him!

The front of the onesie.

A different angle of the front

The back, I love the pearl snaps on the fanny. Butt bling!

A close up of the collar area and the snaps on the neck.

A different view of the top of the onesie.

I'm going to add a little pocket to the right butt cheek, maybe the left too. On the front I'm going to go on an applique hunt for something really cute and boyish. So this onesie still has some finishing touches I'd like to add to really make it pop and be cute. I can't wait until I can actually put it on Jasper to see how it fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment