Labels

Jasper (38) Me (27) Blogames (24) Family (17) Faves (15) Poetry (14) Little Lady (13) Rants (13) Country Dreams (11) Projects (8) Photos (7) Pretty (7) Cheer (5) Music (5) Op Fishy (5) Puppy (5) The Plan (5) Books (4) Goals (4) Ideas (3) Movies (3) Pinterest (3) Silly People (3) 101 in 1001 (2) Food (2) Holy Similar (2) Thoughts (2)

Friday, September 17, 2010

My Mommy

My Mom is the best, most amazing, giving and strong woman I know! I made her feel like poo. Pretty sucky of me huh? Well I'm going to try and make up for it. How? you ask. Why by doing what I do best! I'm going to make a list of why my Mommy is better than anyone elses. Even yours. :D Oh yeah, she's that good.1. When I was in Forestry camp in the 7th grade she wrote me a letter so I wouldn't be the only kid without mail. I was only there for a week so she went home after dropping me off and mailed it out the next day.
2. She volunteered to be chaperone at all of my school functions and I liked hanging out with her during them.
3. All my friends were jealous that I had the cool, young, hip Mom.
4. We go shopping together like girlfriends.
5. She is always there when I need her.
6. She throws awesome parties for us girls. You should see the tables of food she gets for us! The amount of planning that goes into those parties is ridiculous. She kind of overdoes it, but that just makes for a better party!!
7. She's an awesome cheer Mom. She was such a big help when I was coaching. I couldn't have done it without her support. Or car. Which leads me to #8...
8. She is the best chauffeur. We've only been in one accident and it's because there was ice all over the road. The witnesses said she did remarkable trying to keep the car on the road. Under the circumstances she kept us all safe by staying under control.
9. She's crafty. My Mom has made us so many things over the years. It's because of her I have sweet ass crafting skills. Blankets, dresses, paintings, bedding, ceramics, cards, garters, the list goes on and on.
10. She taught a painting class to my 3rd grade. I was proud that my Mom was teaching and the other kids' Moms sucked and were old. (Remember I'm not very nice)
11. My Mom is strong. She is one tough lady. She's had to put up with a lot of bullshit and drama from many different people. It has NEVER stopped her.
12. If I have a question about Jasper I always call her first and she has the answer on the top of her head. She fixed my booboos as a kid and now she's helping to fix my baby's.
13. She (usually) made our birthday cakes herself.
14. When I was in little kid school she hand made cards out of construction paper and put them into my lunch box. It was the best feeling to open my lunch in the cafeteria and see those cards(plus it made other kids jealous-I was evil). They made me smile every time and remembering them brings tears to my eyes. My Mom loved me so much.
15. My Mom would take us every day for a walk to meet my Dad after work. We'd always be a little bit early and sit next to the bay and just look at everything. The trees, the pinkish-purple flowers that I still don't know the name of. The birds flying overhead (Oh how I hate the bird that pooped on me!!) it was always a time of the day I looked forward to.
16. She buys us things. I told you before I'm petty and shallow; gifts make me happy! Just random items she saw and thought we'd like.
17. When I had my miscarriage she was there for me. She gave us lasagna and brownies. It was the yummiest food ever. Probably because I hadn't eaten in days and was super high on pills but who cares the reason. She checked on me often and made sure I was as OK as I could be.
18. When I was in the hospital having Jasper she was there the entire time and got us anything we needed. Different sized underwear, pajamas, ICE!, support.
19. She held my hand the entire time during the traumatically painful c-section. Justin was by my head or with Jasper. My Mom was there for me.
20. Her and Sam cleaned our entire place spotless so we had a squeaky clean house to take Jasper home to.
21. When we had no money she bought us groceries.
22. My Mom and Dad have taken us to Disneyland more times than I can remember!
23. She understands and forgives without much explanation.
24. She's always happy for me. Always encouraging me to do what I want with life and making sure I know that I'm capable.
25. She pushed my fat ass out of her vajayjay! I've been there-done that, now. It fucking sucks!

There you go! One reason my Mom is amazing for every year of my incredible life (There are so many more things I could add). Thanks for putting up with my crap for the last 25 years Mom. I know I was frequently unpleasant in the past. I'm sorry I ever made you feel like you weren't my magical superhero.

I often take people for granted; my Mom was no exception. But, it's because of my Mom that I've grown into the woman I've always wanted to be. She's taught me everything and has always been there if I needed her. I feel so lucky and blessed to have her as my Mommy. I never ever meant to make her feel otherwise.

I am proud as hell to call her my Mom. I love you Mommy!!

P.S. Jasper says he loves his Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so this is try #3 if it doesn't work this time I may have to find a way to bug this site. Although some of the things upset me. I would never want you to stop writing. It amazes me how talented a writer you are. I always new you were smart but you truely have a gift with how you can express yourself through your wonderful blogs.

    ReplyDelete