Labels

Jasper (38) Me (27) Blogames (24) Family (17) Faves (15) Poetry (14) Little Lady (13) Rants (13) Country Dreams (11) Projects (8) Photos (7) Pretty (7) Cheer (5) Music (5) Op Fishy (5) Puppy (5) The Plan (5) Books (4) Goals (4) Ideas (3) Movies (3) Pinterest (3) Silly People (3) 101 in 1001 (2) Food (2) Holy Similar (2) Thoughts (2)

Friday, June 10, 2011

Grandma

The side note from Jasper's 1st Birthday party:

Aunty Stephanie bought the three Wuzzles books in a garage sale that sold most of my Grandmas things. :( That was the most depressing garage sale I've ever been to in my life. All of the things I loved and remembered growing up. Christmas decorations, everyday what-nots, childhood books, dishes, dolls, ceramics...the list goes on and on. All of it was out in her giant paved parking area with price tags. We ended up getting a bear that's making Xmas toys and a huge train set. Every Christmas it would circle the tree. Every Christmas. It was awful to see strangers looking at these memories and buying them up. Like I said, Depressing with a capital "D". It wasn't even Grandma's parking area anymore. Nope, she no longer lives there. It was a horrible day.

Justin saw me looking at the train set, picked it up and said, "I'm getting this." We were in a hard spot for money but he didn't even let me question it. Just picked it up and said it was done; this is ours now.

Jasper will grow up with memories of it circling our Christmas tree just like I did. All the kids in our family whether it's Jasper's brothers, sisters or cousins will grow up with it during Christmas time just like we did. The cute bear will always go up with the season and be a reminder of great family traditions and times.

Even if a parking area full of memories was thoughtlessly overlooked and deemed unimportant to some. I'm glad to be able to carry on the tradition and make it so much more with my family.

I love you Justin.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, that was a very sad day..... We bought the santa men, so you can look at those too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm...your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you sign in with your email so I know who you are goofball?

    ReplyDelete